I was just in the kitchen preparing some lunch when I though, this recipe is so quick, easy, tasty and healthy that I should share it with you so here goes!
I call it, Lazy Mans Potatoes, here are the ingredients( this feed the two of us with enough left over to snack on in the evening)
- Four or five medium-sized potatoes cut into 1 inch squares ( I don’t peel mine but you can if you want)
- Two Large onions rough chopped
- Three cloves of garlic chopped( I love garlic so often use more and leave some whole)
- two or three frying peppers rough chopped
- two or more fresh, frozen or dried chili peppers (depending if you like a kick or not)
- Around two table spoons of Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon Juice, chopped chives or other favorite herb
Put everything except lemon juice and herbs a large heavy-duty pan or wok and mix around so that the oil covers everything. Place on stove and cook vigorously for around 20 mins or until potatoes are cooked stirring occasional, just before the potatoes go soft turn of the heat add lemon juice and herbs and let stand covered for about five minutes. I like to leave without stirring too often so that some of the onions and skins go crispy, makes cleaning the pan a chore but its worth it!
Sprinkle paprika on top and serve with a salad and bread rolls of your choice.
That’s it, I wrote this whilst mine was cooking!